Today’s reading is: Jn. 4
John Chapter Four
- Christ departed from Judea to Galilee (Jn. 4:1-4), passing through Samaria for His next work-assignment (Jn. 4:5-42).
- Jesus found himself at the right place at the right time meeting the right person under the perfect circumstances (vv.7-19).
- The Samaritan woman was not offended at having her sins exposed (vv.16-18). She was eager to learn from a true prophet of God (vv.19-20).
- Jesus provides for her positive volition by teaching the Truth and revealing Himself to her as the Christ (vv.21-26). This teaching also serves to reveal the Father’s Worship.
- The Samaritan woman becomes the key to opening the door of revival in the entire city (vv.27-30,39-42).
- The ministry to the Samaritan woman was also a teaching opportunity for Christ to instruct His disciples in the principle of fervent service (Jn. 4:31-38).
- Upon returning to Galilee, Jesus performed the second of the 7 sign/miracles recorded in John: healing a royal official’s son in Capernaum (Jn. 4:43-54).