Today’s reading is: Neh. 8:13-10:39
Nehemiah Chapter Eight
(Outline continues from yesterday)
- This teaching produced the greatest Feast of Tabernacles ever observed (Neh. 8:13-18; cf. 2nd Chr. 7:8; Ezr. 3:4-5).
Nehemiah Chapter Nine
- Two days after the Feast of Tabernacles was completed, all the returnees assembled together for a solemn assembly (Neh. 9:1-3).
- They assembled privately, apart from the Gentiles.
- They listened to the Word of God for 3 hours, then participated in a 3 hour prayer service.
- A committee of eight Levites stood and led Israel in a Walk-Thru the Bible (Neh. 9:4-31).
- The Walk-Thru led them right up to the present generation and their ongoing shortcomings (Neh. 9:32-37).
Nehemiah Chapter Ten
- The returnees from exile desired to demonstrate their commitment to the Law by signing their name to a sealed document (Neh. 9:38).
- The signers of the document are recorded (Neh. 10:1-27).
- The non-signers of the document nevertheless take an oath under penalty of a curse to be obedient to the Law of Moses in every respect (Neh. 10:28-31).
- The non-signers went beyond their stated oath and pledged their support for the Levitical worship services (Neh. 10:32-39).