Today’s reading is: 1 Kgs. 8; 2 Chr. 5-6
1st Kings Eight
- The Ark of the Covenant is brought into the Temple, and the Glory of God fills the most holy place (1st Kgs. 8:1-11).
- Solomon addresses the nation of Israel for the dedication of the Temple (1st Kgs. 8:12-21).
- Solomon led the nation of Israel in a national prayer meeting (1st Kgs. 8:22-53).
- Solomon blessed the nation of Israel in a national benediction (1st Kgs. 8:54-61).
- Solomon led the nation of Israel in eight days of sacrificing to the Lord, and feasting before the Lord (1st Kgs. 8:62-66).
2nd Chronicles Five
- Solomon stocked the treasuries with all the wealth David provided (2nd Chr. 5:1).
- Solomon assembled the national leadership, and celebrated the Feast of Tabernacles for the first time in a temple (2nd Chr. 5:2-3).
- The Ark of the Covenant was brought up, and placed within the Holy of Holies (2nd Chr. 5:4-10).
- The visible glory of the LORD appeared once again, and filled the Temple (2nd Chr. 5:11-14), as it had previously filled the Tabernacle (Ex. 40:35).
2nd Chronicles Six
- Solomon preached a message of blessing and thanksgiving to the assembled leaders of Israel (2nd Chr. 6:1-11; 1st Kgs. 8:12-21).
- Solomon led a national prayer meeting, calling upon the LORD for continued blessing upon the new temple (2nd Chr. 6:12-42; 1st Kgs. 8:22-61).
- He praised the LORD for the blessings of the Davidic Covenant (vv.12-17).
- He praises the omnipresent God for the blessings of His monopresent dwelling (vv.18-21).
- He praises the omniscient God for the blessings of His open eyes and attentive ears focused on the temple (v.40).