Today’s reading is: Heb. 8:1-10:18
Hebrews Chapter Eight
- The priesthood of Christ functions in the heavenly reality, and not in the earthly replica (Heb. 8:1-5).
- The basis for the present priesthood of Christ is also the basis for His future mediation of the New Covenant (Heb. 8:6-13; Jer. 31:31-34).
- The Mosaic Covenant is ready to disappear, as the New Covenant replaces it and transforms Mosaic Law into Kingdom Law (Heb. 8:13; Rom. 10:4; Matt. 5:17-18).
Hebrews Chapter Nine
- The shadow ritual of the earthly replica (Heb. 9:1-10) served to preview the reality of the priestly ministry of Jesus Christ (Heb. 9:11-12).
- The cleansing power of sprinkled blood was understood in the shadows of Old Testament ritual (Heb. 9:13,18-22), but manifest in the reality of New Testament fulfillment (Heb. 9:14-15,23-28).
Hebrews Chapter Ten
- The shadows of Old Testament ritual served as a year by year reminder of sin (Heb. 10:1-4), but the reality of New Testament fulfillment does away with sin for eternity (Heb. 10:5-10).
- The time after time nature of the Old Testament ritual and the once & for all nature of the New Testament reality are reflected in Old Testament prophecy (Heb. 10:11-18; Ps. 110:1; Jer. 31:33-34).
(Chapter Ten continues tomorrow)