Today’s reading is: Mt. 21:28-22:22; Mk. 12:1-17; Lk. 20:9-26
Matthew Chapter Twenty-One
(Outline continues from yesterday)
- When the priests and elders would not answer Jesus, He went on to deliver three parables (Matt. 21:28-22:14).
- The Parable of the two Sons (Matt. 21:28-32) and the Parable of the Landowner (Matt. 21:33-41) both applied to 1st Advent events. The priests and Pharisees responded with anger and murderous intentions (Matt. 21:42-46).
Matthew Chapter Twenty-Two
- The Parable of the Marriage Feast (Matt. 22:1-14) applies to 2nd Advent Millennial events.
- Since they couldn’t confront Him directly, the Pharisees sent lackeys to Him with provocative questions (Matt. 22:15-22).
(Chapter Twenty-Two continues tomorrow)
Mark Chapter Twelve
- The Parable of the Vineyard Owner is only the fourth (out of four) parable recorded in Mark’s Gospel (Mk. 12:1-12).
- Such was the κόσμος’ hatred for Christ that even the Pharisees and Herodians cooperated together against Him (Mk. 12:13-17).
(Chapter Twelve continues tomorrow)
Luke Chapter Twenty
(Outline continues from yesterday with points 1. and 1a. repeated)
- The Adversary certainly couldn’t stand for any serious teaching, or the true gospel message to be proclaimed. Opposition to the Lord then came:
- From the chief priests, scribes, & elders (Lk. 20:1-19).
- Their spies posing as disciples (Lk. 20:20-26).
(Chapter Twenty continues tomorrow)