Today’s reading is: Psa. 61-62; 64-67
- Believers have prayer resources available to them regardless of where on earth they might be (Ps. 61:1-2).
- Believers in prayer are spiritually in the Lord as their fortress regardless of where on earth they might be (Ps. 61:3-4).
- Believers involved in active prayer ministry have opportunities to glorify God when He answers their prayer (Ps. 61:5-8).
- The faith-rest life, exercised through prayer, silently provides stability in the face of any external circumstances (Ps. 62:1-4).
- The faith-rest life, exercised through prayer, is to be demonstrated and taught by older believers to younger believers (Ps. 62:5-8).
- The faith-rest life, exercised through prayer, places Divine Viewpoint and human viewpoint into proper perspective (Ps. 62:9-12). Verse 10 has a NT echo in Mt. 19:22 and a NT allusion in 1st Tim. 6:17.
- The verbal warfare of the Slanderer and his servants is deadly (Ps. 64:1-6).
- The Lord’s Word is more powerful than any word the Slanderer can devise (Ps. 64:7-10).
- Believers live in joyful anticipation of the Lord’s presence (Ps. 65:1-4).
- Believers live in awed reverence of the Lord’s power (Ps. 65:5-8).
- Believers live in thankfulness for the Lord’s provision (Ps. 65:9-13).
- Psalm 66 looks forward to a day in which the entire world will praise and worship the LORD (Ps. 66:1-4).
- The Millennium will provide the opportunity for all the nations to “come and see” (Ps. 66:5-7) and “come and hear” (Ps. 66:16).
- The nation of Israel will rejoice in the LORD’s faithfulness (Ps. 66:8-12).
- Individual believers will rejoice in the LORD’s faithfulness (Ps. 66:13-20).
- The anonymous psalmist calls upon God אֱלֹהִים ’elohiym to be gracious and bless Israel (Ps. 67:1).
- God’s blessing upon Israel results in world-wide blessing of all the nations upon the Millennial earth (Ps. 67:2-5).
- Gentile evangelism (v.2).
- Gentile edification (vv.3,5).
- Gentile evaluation (v.4).
- Zoe-life blessings motivate bios-life benefits (Ps. 67:6-7).