Today’s reading is: Num. 32-33
Logos software tipS
11:35-13:41—Maps: opening an atlas to look up a place
28:40-33:10—Opening a study Bible and using a link set to scroll in parallel
35:40-38:20—Maps: many of the place locations are estimates
43:36-43:55—Find where else a place is mentioned in the Bible
Numbers Chapter Thirty-Two
- The tribes of Reuben and Gad request a land-grant outside of the land of Canaan, east of the Jordan (Num. 32:1-5).
- Moses rebukes them for their request, and warns them to learn from the example of their parents’ failure (Num. 32:6-15).
- The elders of Reuben & Gad assure Moses that they are not evading the Conquest of Canaan, but that they would like to return to the trans-Jordan after the Conquest is complete (Num. 32:16-19).
- Moses agrees to their terms, and warns them against defrauding the Lord (Num. 32:20-32).
- Reuben, Gad, and ½ Manasseh establish their territories and cities east of the Jordan (Num. 32:33-42).
- Gad built eight cities (Num. 32:34-36).
- Reuben built six cities (Num. 32:37,38).
- Three clans of Manasseh established their possessions as well (Num. 32:39-42).
Numbers Chapter Thirty-Three
- Most of chapter 33 is a travelogue of Israel’s exodus and wilderness wanderings (Num. 33:1-49). This chapter is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate the Faithlife Study Bible either with linked panels or with the multiple resources display.
- The conclusion to the chapter is the Lord’s solemn warning to utterly destroy the Canaanites (Num. 33:50-56).