Today’s reading is: Era 2: The Birth of Israel 1800-1406BC
An introductory class to prepare for Day 034 through Day 083. Scriptures covered in this era include Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Psalm 90, Selections from 1st Chronicles.
Notes on Egyptian History
The original (2002) Through the Bible notebook included the following list of Pharaohs. This notebook will keep the same list of names but have slight refinements to the BC dates.
|12th Dynasty (Middle Kingdom)|
- Senusret II (1897-1878BC), is the Pharaoh of Joseph’s exaltation (1854BC).
- Senusret III (1878-1841BC), is the Pharaoh of Jacob’s presentation (1845BC).
- The Pharaoh of Israel’s subjugation need not have been the very next Pharaoh to arise, but most likely was, given the overall time-frame of Israel’s bondage. Possibly Amenemhet III (1842‑1797BC).
|18th Dynasty (New Kingdom)|
- Amenhotep I (1521‑1524BC) is the Pharaoh at Moses’ birth (1525BC).
- Tuthmosis III (1504‑1450BC) is the Pharaoh of Moses’ exile (1485BC).
- Amenhotep II (1453‑1419BC) is the Pharaoh of the Exodus (1445BC).
The original (2002) Through the Bible notebook presented the Gulf of Aqaba Red Sea Crossing and Midianite Mount Sinai location. Pastor Bob has abandoned this view, and also regrets using graphics and diagrams from various websites connected to Ron Wyatt.
Pastor Bob’s trusted authors for archaeology and Egyptology:
Not a fan and do not recommend: Ron Wyatt, David Rohl, Tim Mahoney (Patterns of Evidence).
Egyptian history comes to us from Manetho who lived during the reign of Ptolemy I (323-282BC). Egyptian History a.k.a. Notes about Egypt is only preserved via extensive quotations. Josephus Jewish Antiquities AD90, Against Apion AD100. Sextus Julius Africanus, Chronicle AD225. Eusebius of Caesarea Church History AD313. George the Monk (George the Sinner) AD842.